psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Fri Jan 29 12:39:17 EST 2016

Hi,

On 29.01.2016 01:01, Fillmore wrote:
> I look and Python and it looks so much more clean....
>
> add to that that it is the language of choice of data miners...
>
> add to that that iNotebook looks powerful....

All true. :)

> Does Python have Regexps?

"import re"

https://docs.python.org/3.5/library/re.html

> How was the Python 2.7 vs Python 3.X solved? which version should I go
> for?

Python 3 is the new and better one.

(I for one can see we already use all __future__ imports to get as close
as possible to Python 3 in our production code)

http://srkunze.blogspot.de/2016/01/next-programming-language.html

> Where do I get started moving from Perl to Python?

some keywords:

basic mathematical calculations
dicts and lists
classes