Error message

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:38:24 EST 2016

On 28 January 2016 at 18:51, Emeka Ikele <emeka.ikelee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please I downloaded Python 3.5 (32 bit)  for Windows software. I installed
> it but it keeps giving me an error message that a file was not found and I
> should please re-install to fix the problem. I've tried that severally but
> to no avail. Please what can I do or should I just install the 2.7 version?

What does the error message say exactly? Which file is missing?

Just guessing but is it complaining about a file called
"api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"? If so then you need to install
this file in an update from Microsoft here:

Afterwards you should be able to install Python 3.5. Alternatively you
can install Python 3.4 which does not need this dll.

--
Oscar