psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jan 29 02:12:50 EST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:25 am, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Probably the biggest thing to take note of is the Python object model
> - how names and objects and assignment work. It's pretty
> straight-forward, but if it's not what you're used to, you'll need to
> get your head around it. Here's a good talk on the subject:
>
> http://nedbatchelder.com/text/names1.html

Every time I make a half-hearted attempt to learn enough Perl syntax to get
started, I keep running into the differences between $foo, %foo and @foo
and dire warnings about what happens if you use the wrong sigil, and then I
get confused. Is there a good discussion of how names and references work
in Perl, equivalent to Ned's discussion?

--
Steven