show instant data on webpage

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:49:40 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM, mustang <mustang at nomail.it> wrote:

> I'm not sure to understand how you are using php, but indeed you can
>> use python to plot data (have a look at matplotlib, for instance) and
>> also to make dynamic web pages (Flask, django).
>>

> Because I don't know how to do it in python.
> So I've used php. But I prefer working in python.

Having previously written websites using php, and now a confirmed python
developer, you should know this:

Php, vbscript, perl, and perhaps other languages allow the interspersal of
code and html in the same file.  You can't do that with python.  So, if you
begin to wade into making websites with python you may be a little lost
until you grasp the concept of separating code from templates (the html
portion) and how you populate your templates with your code values.  Django
is a popular choice, but some like smaller frameworks like flask, and
others.

>> Best.
>>

> --

Joel Goldstick