Python Unit test

4ndre4 4ndre4 at 4ndre4.com.invalid
Tue Jan 26 15:57:27 EST 2016

On 26/01/2016 11:09, toluagboola at gmail.com wrote:

[...]
> I'm a University student of IT with majors in Embedded Systems.
 > I have this assignment where I have to write Unittest for a simple
Python Code
 > without having prior knowledge of Python. I really need some help.

www.python.org to get a basic grasp on Python. There is a very good
tutorial there.

As for unit testing, you need to know a bit of the the theory behind it,
and how to use it in Python.

The following are four very good books about unit testing, in general:

Effective Unit Testing: A guide for Java developers - Lasse Koskela
Test Driven: TDD and Acceptance TDD for Java Developers - Lasse Koskela
Test-Driven Development: By Example - Kent Beck

This is a good book but with examples in C# (you might just get the
logic behind them):
The Art of Unit Testing: with examples in C# - Roy Osherove

I am pretty sure that on Amazon you can find many others about specific
unit testing in Python.

On YouTube, there's a good number of videos about unit testing.
This one, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWBDa5dqrl8

--
4ndre4
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be