Installing on linux - missing devel packages

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Thu Jan 21 02:18:09 EST 2016

Hi all

Fedora 22 comes standard with Python 3.4.2. I want to install 3.5.1.

It is easy enough to download the source and run ./configure;make;make
altinstall. But then I find that I cannot import gzip because zlib-devel is
missing. I fix that, then I find that sqlite-devel is missing.

Is there an easy way to find out all the missing components, so that when
the installation is complete I can be sure I have the entire standard lib?

Thanks

Frank Millman