how do I put the python on my desktop or even access it

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:03:00 EST 2016

On 01/16/2016 01:11 PM, zack fitzsimons wrote:

I'm assuming based on your empty email that you must be running Windows.
 Python is a command-line program.  First run cmd.exe and then from
there you can run python.exe and interact with it in immediate mode.  To
create and run python programs, you can use a text editor to make the
program, and then, if it's a graphical program, you can double-click it,
but if it's a text-mode program you must run it from cmd.exe like this:

python \path\to\myprogram.py.

There is a graphical integrated development environment that comes with
Python called IDLE that you can run from the start menu. I suspect this
is where you'll want to go first.