Is there a limit to the characters used in a print statement?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jan 16 18:41:51 EST 2016

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 12:49 am, Robert James Liguori wrote:

> I'm doing a data conversion and all is garbled when I add an extra hundred
> lines to the print in my for loop.  Is there a limit?

Is this the same problem as the "print size limit" thread you started one
minute earlier, or a different problem?

In your previous message, you said things break when you add an extra 100
characters. Now you say 100 lines. Which is it?

How big are these lines? Are they ASCII or Unicode?

Are you printing before or after the data conversion? What is the data
conversion doing? Are you sure that the problem is with print and not the
conversion?

Again, your question is little more than some vague generalities with no
real detail.

--
Steven