Stop writing Python 4 incompatible code

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:52:12 EST 2016

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:46:30 PM UTC-6, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 1/13/2016 8:02 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > and a leader who lost his cushy job at Google
>
> Unless you have access to facts that I do not, 'lost' is
> impolite speculation. But lets move on.

Well i admit my speculation may be leading to an
undesirable conclusion, but i can *ONLY* speculate
utilizing the facts that are publicly available to me. If
we want to prevent rumors, then we need to ensure that *ALL
THE FACTS* are available for review.

> I have a contrary hypothesis based on the facts quoted
> below.  As far as I know, Google is somewhat stuck on 2.7.

So you're suggesting that GvR *WILLINGLY* left a global, and
well established giant, to work for a tiny start-up because
his bosses refused to switch from Python2 to (his new baby)
Pyhton3?

So, let me get this strait: he wasn't fired, *HE QUIT*???

I wonder if he's considered the possibility that Google may
swoop in an purchase Dropbox at some time in the near
future, and he could find himself working for google once
again. And you know what would be the ultimate form of
irony, if they forced him to migrate Dropbox *BACK* to
Python2! And here is the sign that they will post on his new
office door:

  AND YOU WILL *KNOW* THAT GOOGLE IS THE *LORD*, WHEN WE
  TRANSFORM YOU FROM A PETULANT LITTLE ENGINEER, INTO AN
  OBEDIENT LITTLE CODE MONKEY!