Python installation in windows

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:42:04 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought this was suppose to have been fixed in 3.5.1 though so the installer
> should now warn that it won't work on XP.

The CRT update also requires service pack 1 on Windows 7 and service
pack 2 on Vista. 3.5.1's installer was updated to check for a
supported operating system. On an XP system the error message should
be "Windows Vista SP2 or later is required to continue installation".

> I believe the installer itself has had something of an overhaul.

It was rewritten completely.