extract script from executable made by pyinstaller?

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:34:47 EST 2016

On 8 January 2016 at 07:44, Ulli Horlacher
<framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> Is it possible to extract (and view) the Python script from the Windows
> executable which was made by pyinstller?

I may be misremembering but I though that pyinstaller actually stores
the main script uncompressed so that it's just in the raw .exe. In
which case you just need to find the start and stop bytes of the
script. If there are other packages etc. then I'm not sure how to do
that but they are in some sense stored as a compressed archive inside
the .exe file.

--
Oscar