I can not install matplotlib, numpy, scipy, and pandas.

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 09:22:08 EST 2016

On 5 January 2016 at 07:57, Omar Ray via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> wrote:
> I have version 3.5 of Python for Windows.  I have MS Visual C++ and also MS
> Visual Studio 2015.
>
> When I enter into the command window "pip install matplotlib", it reads this
> below (this is not the full version of it):
>
> [snip]
>
> How do I download matplotlib and the other packages mentioned in the subject
> line?
>

> -Omar Ray
>
> --

On Windows, using prebuilt binaries is recommended instead of building
things yourself:

1. Installing matplotlib and pandas using pip, without mentioning
scipy and numpy just yet.
2. Install scipy and numpy from
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/ (download matching files
and run pip install c:\path\to\file.whl ).

If anything in 1. fails, get a wheel package from the website mentioned in 2.

Alternatively, try:
https://www.scipy.org/install.html#individual-binary-and-source-packages

PGP: 5EAAEA16