Is '*args' useful in this example code?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 4 22:28:03 EST 2016

Robert <rxjwg98 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 9:26:47 PM UTC-5, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Can you show example code that you would expect, and specifically what about
> > the actual code doesn't match what you expect?
>
> Excuse me for the incomplete info previously.
> If I call it with
> a = f(3)
> the result is 12.

Can you show a *very* simple example of the ‘f’ you're talking about?
Contrive a new one, make it behave the same way while keeping it very
short, and once you have that, put that code in your message.

With an actual function to examine it will be much easier to know where
the confusion lies.

--
 \       “When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold to the masses |
  `\    over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and |