raise None

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 4 00:19:23 EST 2016

On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 10:27 am, Ben Finney wrote:

> If I could have the traceback continue into the C code and tell me the
> line of C code that raised the exception, *that's* what I'd choose.

If you are serious about believing this would be a good thing, you can open
a ticket on the bug tracker and make an enhancement request that tracebacks
generated from builtins should expose their internal details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "longobject.c", line 3008, in long_add
  File "longobject.c", line 1425, in CHECK_BINOP
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'list'

When you open that ticket, be so good as to add me to the Nosy list.

--
Steven