raise None

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:56:45 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 02:31 pm, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> It would be nice if the tutorial (FAQ? Lang-Ref??) had a section on how
>>> to wade tracebacks
>>
>> Hmm, I don't think that's a language reference question. It's more
>> something that I would put into a series of blog posts.
>
> Or the tutorial, like Rustom suggested :-)

Not sure it really belongs there; the tutorial tends to keep to short
and un-nested pieces of code, where this kind of technique really
comes into its own with dozen-line tracebacks. The FAQ could have a
link to it, but honestly, the best python.org place I can think of is
the wiki. It's not something that has a single straight-forward
answer; it's "when you're staring at this much info, here are some
ideas for boiling it down to what matters".

ChrisA