raise None

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:31:48 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 9:05:58 PM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> But I think it is a real issue. I believe in beautiful tracebacks that give
>> you just the right amount of information, neither too little nor two much.
>> Debugging is hard enough with being given more information than you need
>> and having to decide what bits to ignore and which are important.
>

> It would be nice if the tutorial (FAQ? Lang-Ref??) had a section on how to wade tracebacks

Hmm, I don't think that's a language reference question. It's more
something that I would put into a series of blog posts. But I agree -
this is a great topic to discuss. Ultimately, debugging consists of
two things: find out more about what's going on, and dig through the
data from the first step to figure out what's significant. Tips for
helping people master either half of that are well worth publishing.

ChrisA