raise None

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sat Jan 2 06:47:45 EST 2016

On 31.12.2015 21:18, Ben Finney wrote:

> As best I can tell, Steven is advocating a way to obscure information
> from the traceback, on the assumption the writer of a library knows that
> I don't want to see it.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? The line that raises the exception
is exactly the line that you would expect the exception to be raised.
I.e., the one containing the "raise" statement.

What you seem to advocate against is a feature that is ALREADY part of
the language, i.e. raising exceptions by reference to a variable, not
constructing them on-the-go. Your argumentation makes therefore no sense
in this context.

Cheers,
Johannes

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!