We will be moving to GitHub

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sat Jan 2 04:48:39 EST 2016

Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>:

> Oh, and talking about DVCS:
>
> https://bitquabit.com/post/unorthodocs-abandon-your-dvcs-and-retur
> n-to-sanity/

It's interesting how different opinions people can have about version
control. I also have mine.

I have seen the paradise, which was Sun's Teamware. I haven't tried
Bitkeeper, it's successor.

Having struggled with Perforce, SVN and CVS, I was hopeful Mercurial
would be everything Teamware was.

Unfortunately, it wasn't. The big disappointment was the treatment of a
repository as the atomic unit.

Git's no better than Mercurial. Also, Git is conceptually cluttered.

Well, Git and Mercurial are not all that bad as long as only a single
person is working on the repository at any given time and you have a
strictly linear version history. That would be advisable anyway as you
should have a separate repository for each conceptual unit.

Marko