We will be moving to GitHub

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 1 15:48:30 EST 2016

On 01/01/2016 20:03, paul.hermeneutic at gmail.com wrote:
> Mark, it is good to know that a decision has been made so that we can move
> forward.
>
> Is there a summary document that discusses the options examined and why
> others did not meet the requirements? I am -NOT- trying to dredge up
> arguments about the choice. I am guessing that there have been some.
>
> If this fact-based decision was based solely on the fact that the BDFL
> prefers GitHub, please just say so. It is clear that git is a capable tool.

There is no point in targetting any queries at me, I'm just the messenger :)

I've loosly followed the discussion on the core workflow mailing list,
but frankly much of that said goes right over my head, as my knowledge
of GitHub, GitLab, Mercurial and all the rest of them is roughly zero.

There is all ready disagreement over the decision.  I'll sit back and
let the core developers sort that out, confident that eventually we'll
end up with working processes backed up by working systems.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence