Mac Question

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 06:13:15 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 9:56 PM,  <tdsperth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to create a directory on a windows drive from my macbook air with python but get a permissions error because the windows ntfs drive is read only - does anyone know away to overcome this issue - I have looked for a utility but have yet to find an answer.

This isn't a Python question - it's a Windows question. I'll help as
best I can, but you might find better results elsewhere.

Is this a drive you've mounted across a network, or is it something
local to your computer? Is it a hard drive, a Flash drive (USB stick),
or some other device?

What are the mount options? (Typing 'mount' in a terminal might tell
you this.) Who owns the files and directories? Can you create stuff on
there using 'sudo'?

ChrisA