Converting py files to .exe and .dmg

Brian Simms besimms at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:43:37 EST 2016

On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 01:09:30 UTC+9, Adam M  wrote:
> On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 10:35:41 AM UTC-5, Brian Simms wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have done a lot of looking around online to find out how to convert Python files to .exe and .dmg files, but I am confused. Could someone provide pointers/advice as to how I can turn a Python file into a Windows .exe and Mac .dmg file.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> Please check this website:
> http://www.pyinstaller.org/
> It should solve your problem.

Hi Adam M,

I went to www.pyinstaller.org and downloaded the software. I don;t know if you are using Windows or Mac. I have a Mac and when I go into Terminal to run "setup.py install" I keep getting "-bash: command not found".

I have read the manual and done what it suggested, but still no joy. I have MacPorts (which I downloaded several days ago.

If you could provide any pointers as to how I could run the "setup.py" on my Mac, it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks. :-)