[Off-topic] Requests author discusses MentalHealthError exception

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Mon Feb 29 19:35:16 EST 2016

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:
>> "All that he had learned" meaning his delusions and psychoses?
> Indeed. If a revelation is unconnected to reality, it's misleading to
> say that one has “learned” it....
> When someone describes the ill effects their mental illness produced, I
> find it rather condescending for an observer to express regret that
> the person no longer experiences those ill effects.

The story reminded me of "A Beautiful Mind" by Sylvia Nasar, about
mathematician John Nash who suffered from mental illness in the
1970s-80's(?) but later recovered and won the Nobel Prize in economics.
The book is excellent and I recommend it if you find that sort of thing
interesting.  They made a movie from it that was popular but I gather
was Hollywood-fluffified as one could expect (I haven't seen it).