Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Mon Feb 29 03:25:56 EST 2016

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com>:

> On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 11:48:25 AM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> Gordon Levi :
>>
>> > Nobody likes filling in forms but how do you suggest converting a form
>> > based app into something loveable.
>>
>> Straight HTML does forms just fine without CSS or JavaScript, yet few
>> can resist.
>
> Abjure JS/CSS is a virtue? Why?

I have used some minute amounts of CSS when I have wanted to pay
attention to the aesthetics (<URL:
http://pacujo.net/esperanto/literaturo/juho/>).

However, then the point is conveying/exchanging info, straight HTML is
all that is needed: <URL: http://pacujo.net/esperanto/course/>.

As for why you should avoid JS/CSS, Web pages open very slowly, jump
around wildly during rendering and have unexpected artifacts (not to
mention the numerous data collection abuses) when they are encumbered
with truckloads of state-of-the-art web dev gimmicks.

Marko