Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Dietmar Schwertberger maillist at schwertberger.de
Sun Feb 28 12:41:27 EST 2016

On 28.02.2016 18:03, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> 	Office 2002 (or was it 2003... Whatever I had on my WinXP box) was, I
> thought, rather easy to work styles in... Automatically shifting from
> header to body text style on <enter>; Having first body paragraph after a
> header use block format while subsequent paragraphs used indented format...
The style editor was always crappy. Most people won't notice due to the
lack of comparison.
Word processors like Fireworkz and TechWriter got it right to handle
layered styles and effects. Easy to edit and easy to apply. And also
easy to get rid of them again with a region editor which made it easy to
select all modifications that were applied to a text and to delete or
modify them.
In comparison, MS Word is a mechanical typewriter.

Regards,

Dietmar