Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 11:41:21 EST 2016

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 8:38:49 PM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Rustom Mody :
>
> > On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 7:22:08 PM UTC+5:30, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> >> Rustom Mody :

> >> Sigh, still nobody has mentioned an exemplary GUI application.
> >>
> >> An anecdote: Some weeks back my son and I were struggling to get the
> >> right kind of graph out of Excel. After four hours of Google,
> >> Youtube, trial and error, we gave up, took out a pad of millimeter
> >> paper and some colored pencils. The whole job took my son an hour and
> >> the end result looked great. He snapped a picture and sent it to the
> >> teacher by email.
> >
> > Point being??
>
> I'm awaiting for an opposite anecdote, a GUI app you absolutely love and
> recommend as a model for GUI developers.

GUI app I absolutely love... um hard
But what does it prove?
Best I can see it proves I am an old (Unix) geezer brought up on text files :-)

Still as an approximation...
I edit audio with audacity
And type music with musescore

Both could be better (And Ive heard people swear by ardour... No experience myself)

The alternative -- stay with lilypond workflow -- is too primitive
In particular if musescore could input and output to lilypond or some such
it would have been optimal

...for me; ie clickety clicking 100s of notes is painful compared to typing
them in say emacs

For a much more professional pianist friend:
He connects a small 2 octave keyboard to his mac
Plays out what he needs to enter
And then cleans it up... in Sibelius

> We are talking about GUI tools to produce what? Crap?

You (seem to) be saying that excel is crap.
Do you know it well enough to make that judgement?
Do you have equivalent functionality in some other tool?