Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 08:49:38 EST 2016

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 6:54:40 PM UTC+5:30, Gordon Levi wrote:
> Rustom Mody  wrote:
> >Glade generates XML (last I saw)
> >XML is text... kinda... but not quite
> >eg XML is sometimes/somewhere space sensitive, sometimes not
> >This can generate messy diffs
>
> That is also true of Python code but does not preclude effective
> source control.

Yes as I said its not satisfactory but not impossible to manage

Heck Current state of art VCSes cannot even manage mismatching EOL conventions
cleanly.
And as usual they make a virtue out of the lack:
"git stores binary data not text"

which means that opening a file created on windows on linux and saving it in
WITHOUT a SINGLE CHANGE
can give you a 10,000 line diff!!