{off topic] Re: Bug in Python?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Feb 27 04:14:31 EST 2016

On 2/26/2016 9:21 PM, mentificium at gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 2:09:07 PM UTC-8, Sven R. Kunze wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I recognized the following oddity (background story:
>> http://srkunze.blogspot.com/2016/02/lets-go-down-rabbit-hole.html).
>>
>> Python sometimes seems not to hop back and forth between C and Python code.
>> [...]
>
> http://srkunze.blogspot.com/2016/02/lets-go-down-rabbit-hole.html ?
>
> If there are too many bugs in Python,

As it turns out, there was no bug, just a misunderstanding of heapq and
its doc.

> you could switch to Perl (Perl6 just came out :-)
> especially for artificial intelligence (Strong AI)
> and for webservers running a "Ghost" AI Mind. See
>
> http://www.sourcecodeonline.com/details/ghost_perl_webserver_strong_ai.html
>
> or you could use "AI Steps" to code Strong AI in Python.
>
> Arthur

For those who don't know, Arthur has be working on and promoting on his
'AI Mind' project for at least a decade, probably more.  AFAIK, it has
been a few years since his last off-topic response like this.  Arthur,
please promote you once-Forth, now Perl project elsewhere.  Everyone
else, please don't respond further on python-list.

--
Terry Jan Reedy