subprocess startup error

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Feb 27 03:33:14 EST 2016

On 2/26/2016 9:49 AM, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
> [...]

What do you mean by 'python shell' and how do you uninstall and install it?

>>> forgot to mention..
>>>
>>> i saved my file as string.py since than i'm facing this error
>>
>> Rename that file to something that does not clash with the module names in
>> the standard library, mystring.py for example, and IDLE should work again.
>
> It's ridiculous that it's this easy to accidentally crash IDLE and the
> Python shell.

I agree and hope to fix this for IDLE before the next round of releases.
Any Python app that does *not* want to import non-stdlib files on
startup must remove '' from sys.path.  Console python should not be
affected by files in the current working directory.

--
Terry Jan Reedy