Make a unique filesystem path, without creating the file

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Feb 23 10:14:20 EST 2016

On 2016-02-23, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 23/02/2016 08:22, Paul Rubin wrote:
>> Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>>> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2015-September/036333.html
>>> then http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/dev/1223780
>>
>> Thanks.  It would be nice if those were gatewayed to usenet like
>> this group is. I can't bring myself to subscribe to mailing lists.
>
> Piece of cake using even a semi-decent email client (I use Thunderbird
> on Windows) via gmane.

And gmane is even better using a decent news (NNTP) client.  I prefer
slrn, but that may be a bit old-school for many.  Technically, gmane's
news server is not "Usenet", but the UI is the same.

Gmane's internal search facility is a bit lame, but searching gmane
with Google works fairly well.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! World War Three can
                                  at               be averted by adherence