Make a unique filesystem path, without creating the file

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 22 19:18:20 EST 2016

Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> writes:

> What does unpredictable mean in this context? Maybe I'm reading too
> much into that...

I think you may be, yes. The request in this thread requires making
direct use of the “generate a new valid temporary fielsystem path”
functionality already implemented in ‘tempfile’.

Implementations of that functionality outside of ‘tempfile’ are a fun
exercise, but miss the point of this thread.

--
 \       “But Marge, what if we chose the wrong religion? Each week we |
  `\          just make God madder and madder.” —Homer, _The Simpsons_ |