Setting up/authenticating Google API?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 10:51:26 EST 2016

This isn't strictly a Python question, however... Once I get myself
authenticated, I intend to use the Python Google API to pump archived
mail messages from a few defunct mailing lists into Google Groups. I
thought it would be pretty straightforward, but my attempts a few
months ago were completely unsuccessful. I asked for help on the
relevant Google product forum but got zero assistance.

I'd really appreciate a little help with the setup. If anyone has had
successful experience with this, please contact me off-list. Once I
get something going, I'll write a blog post so others don't have the
same problems I have.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro