PyPDF2 merge / out of memory

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 21 06:11:51 EST 2016

On 21/02/2016 10:41, cpoline95 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is an issue with PyPDF2 and merging file
> https://github.com/mstamy2/PyPDF2/issues/189
>
> Does anybody know an alternate library to merge PDF and produce optimized pdf file ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Clement

I did a bit of searching and found
http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/features.html, which on pypi is described as:-

<quote>
A top notch PDF library for PDF rendering, conversion, content
extraction, etc

PDFNet SDK is an amazingly comprehensive, high-quality PDF developer
toolkit for working with PDF files at all levels. Using the PDFNet PDF
library, developers can create powerful PDF solutions and applications
that can generate, manipulate, view, render and print PDF documents on
Windows, Mac, and Linux.
</quote>

There's also https://bitbucket.org/vasudevram/xtopdf which states it's a

<quote>
This package (xtopdf) contains tools to convert various file formats
(collectively called x) to PDF format.
</quote>

Vasudev Ram I know does a lot of work with PDF so a further search
throws up articles on using his code, including some recipes on Activestate.

Note I've used none of these myself, I just HTH.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence