Question on keyword arguments

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Feb 18 14:20:55 EST 2016

On 2016-02-18 10:57, grsmith at atlanticbb.net wrote:
> Tim, the 'crazy-other-result format' is the
> result returned by the database, nothing
> I can do about that :)

then, much like converting byte-strings to unicode strings as early
as possible and converting them back to byte-strings as late as
possible, I'd do the same with your DB results:  change them into
real Python lists as soon as they come out of the DB, operate on them
throughout your code as real lists, and only convert them back to
crazy-other-format at the time you write them back to the DB.

My condolences on having to deal with ugly data.  Been there, done
that, still stuck with it. :-)

-tkc