TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:02:01 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 12:58 AM, Ganesh Pal <ganesh1pal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Iam on python 2.6 and Linux  ,  I had replaced print out, err ret with
>   logging.info(out, err ,ret)   in the below code . I am getting
>
> "TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting"
> error any quick suggestion

The print statement/function happily accepts multiple arguments, and
will join them according to a set of predefined rules. The logging
functions don't have those rules, so they take one message and some
optional parameters. Try this, instead:

logging.info("%r %r %r", out, err, ret)

and then tweak the format string according to requirements. For a
quick dump, this will serve you well.

ChrisA