asyncio - run coroutine in the background

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:28:46 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Frank Millman <frank at chagford.com> wrote:
> I would love to drive the database asynchronously, but of the three
> databases I use, only psycopg2 seems to have asyncio support. As my
> home-grown solution (using queues) seems to be working well so far, I am
> sticking with that until I start to experience responsiveness issues. If
> that happens, my first line of attack will be to switch from threads to
> processes.

And this is where we demonstrate divergent thought processes. *My*
first line of attack if hybrid async/thread doesn't work would be to
mandate a PostgreSQL backend, not to switch to hybrid async/process :)
Is the added value of "you get three options of database back-end"
worth the added cost of "but now my code is massively more complex"?

ChrisA