Cygwin and Python3

Mike S mscir at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 18:05:40 EST 2016

On 2/10/2016 5:05 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 10/02/2016 03:39, Mike S via Python-list wrote:

>>> Just curious...
>>>
>>> Since Python runs natively in Windows, why are you trying to run it with
>>> Cygwin?
>>> I'm not implying that you shouldn't, just offhand I don't see a reason
>>> for it.
>>>
>>>       -=- Larry -=-
>>>

>> Have you seen this?
>> http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/set-up-python-windows/
>>

> I have now, but I'm perfectly happy with the free versions of Visual
> Studio.

I was referring to the procedure in general, and what looked like an
important step to include.

So it looks like the terminal can find ssh and git, but not python.
That's understandable, since we didn't use Cygwin to install Python. To
tell Cygwin how to find Python, run the following command:
$ echo "PATH=\$PATH:/cygdrive/c/Python32" >> .bash_profile

I don't see any references to VS on that page so I don't know what
you're referring to.