ImportError: cannot import name 'RAND_egd'

shaunak.bangale at gmail.com shaunak.bangale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 09:55:14 EST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to run a 60 lines Python code which is running on a mac machine but on windows machine, I am getting this error when I run on it on shell(open file and run module). I have Python 3.5 installed.

   from _ssl import RAND_status, RAND_egd, RAND_add
ImportError: cannot import name 'RAND_egd'

Form forums, I found that it is a common error but could not find a good solution that will work for me.

One of the ways was to create scripts folder and putting easy_install.exe and then running easy_install pip but that gave me sytnax error.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shaunak