Set Operations on Dicts

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 8 18:32:59 EST 2016

Marco Kaulea <marco.kaulea at gmail.com> writes:

> In one talk (I think it was [1]) it was described that sets are basically
> dicts without the values.

It seems an unhelpful thing to say about ‘set’, I disagree with that
characterisation.

> Therefor it should be easy to apply set operations on dicts

Yes, that's one reason I disagree; it leads to incorrect inferences like
this :-)

--
 \        “I went to court for a parking ticket; I pleaded insanity. I |
  `\   said ‘Your Honour, who in their right mind parks in the passing |