[STORY-TIME] THE BDFL AND HIS PYTHON PETTING ZOO

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Feb 7 02:44:35 EST 2016

Am 07.02.16 um 08:04 schrieb Paul Rubin:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:
>> According to TIOBE, Python's popularity continues to grow:
>> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>
> I wonder how much of that growth is Python 3 and how much is Python 2.
>
> I'm amazed there's still so much C being done.  I meet good programmers
> all the time these days, who have never touched C code.

This is easily explained; C is used a lot in the hardware and embedded
field. Compiled C output is nearly as compact as handwritten assembly
code, and arguably much more maintainable. C above C++ can be an
artifact. The metric uses search engines to ask for "C -c++ -java
-python ..." - I'm not sure they can really distinguish between C and
C++ this way.

	Christian