[STORY-TIME] THE BDFL AND HIS PYTHON PETTING ZOO

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Feb 7 02:04:29 EST 2016

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:
> According to TIOBE, Python's popularity continues to grow:
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

I wonder how much of that growth is Python 3 and how much is Python 2.

I'm amazed there's still so much C being done.  I meet good programmers
all the time these days, who have never touched C code.

The crash of Objective-C is amusing ;-).

It's surprising that R places at all, given the amount of math that its
users need to know.

I wonder what it means that Perl is booming.  Hmm.