Exception handling for socket.error in Python 3.5/RStudio

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:57:53 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Bernardo Sulzbach
<mafagafogigante at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM,  <shaunak.bangale at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am running this python script on R-studio. I have Python 3.5 installed
>>> on my system.
>>>

>> Let's just try a quick smoke test. Run this script:
>>
>> import sys
>> print(sys.version)
>> input("Press Enter to exit...")
>>
>> That'll tell you a few things about how your system is set up. Most
>> notably, if it doesn't say you're using Python 3.5, there's a problem.
>>
>> ChrisA
>>

> Is there? If he just got the minor version wrong it wouldn't be a problem.
> Unless RStudio requires 3.**5** for some reason.

Stuff might work, but if you think you're using 3.5 and you're
actually running under 3.4, there's a high probability that you have
two Python installations and it's picking the wrong one. That, in
turn, means problems with package installations and such, so it's a
reasonable smoke test to try. (It's unlikely there'll be two different
3.5s installed.) And, of course, if it shows up that it's running
under *2*.5, well, that would explain a lot :)

Anyway, it is indeed what's expected - smoke test passed.

ChrisA