psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:12:40 EST 2016

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 9:35:17 PM UTC-6, MRAB wrote:
> In [jmf's] defence, he _was_ the one who drew attention to
> the unexpected slowness of the FSR under certain
> circumstances in the Windows build of Python 3.3, albeit
> in a rather over-dramatized way.

Thanks MRAB. You and Terry may be only "high ranking"
members who are willing to defend those who cannot defend
themselves.

"jmf's contribution" is solid evidence of why we should
never discourage anyone's participation in this community.
Yes, jmf's posts are mostly repetitive, but we need to
listen to all opinions and all complaints. Python cannot
survive unless it maintains a solid community of people who
(1) enjoy using the language, and (2) who know that others
will listen when they voice a concern.

Heck, i was banned from Python-ideas before i ever sent my
first reply. Can anyone justify such tyranny? My "communal
dignity" has been stolen from me!