Heap Implementation

srinivas devaki mr.eightnoteight at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:48:05 EST 2016

On Feb 1, 2016 10:54 PM, "Sven R. Kunze" <srkunze at mail.de> wrote:

> Maybe I didn't express myself well. Would you prefer the sweeping
approach in terms of efficiency over how I implemented xheap currently?

complexity wise your approach is the best one of all that I have seen till
now

> Without running some benchmarks, I have absolutely no feeling which
approach is faster/more memory efficient etc.

this is obviously memory efficient but I don't know whether this approach
would be faster than previous approaches, with previous approaches there is
no call back into Python code from C code for comparison.
but this should be faster than HeapDict as HeapDict is directly using its
own methods for heappush, heappop etc

PS: if you have time, could you please review my pull request.