Python Calculator

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:18:15 EST 2016

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Ryan Young <ryand.young at menloschool.org> wrote:
> I am new to Python but have known Java for a few years now. With python, so
> far, so good! I created a simple calculator to calculate the total cost of
> a meal. My variables were tip tax total and order. I am confused about how
> to put in a new 'order' because when i reset the order variable to a
> different number it still calculates the original value. I have sent you a
> picture to help you understand my problem. Thank you so much!

Your picture didn't come through.  This is a text-based mailing list
gated to a Usenet group, many participants wouldn't receive an
attached picture no matter how you tried to do it.  Instead, just copy
and paste the code you're running and the exact output you get into
the body of a message, making sure that the formatting (especially
indentation, which is significant in Python) is kept by your email
client.  The simplest step towards ensuring good formatting is to send
your message in plain text mode (rather than HTML).

With your code in hand, I'm sure someone here will be able to explain
what's going on :)

Regards,
--
Zach