Cleaning up conditionals

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Sat Dec 31 16:12:06 EST 2016

Good point. Like I said earlier, I don't remember the specific contexts
that testing for empty failed for me, but blank spaces in data that I
didn't realize would be there (or look for it) is a strong possibility.
In any event, I should use tests for empty more, and see if and why it
fails. Obviously, experienced python coders successfully use it all the
time.