learning and experimenting python.

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Dec 31 04:58:41 EST 2016

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 07:30 pm, mm0fmf wrote:

> On 30/12/2016 17:50, einstein1410 at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I am the new comer and learner of python.
>> I have a doubt
[...]

> "I have a doubt" is not the correct way to ask this kind of question in
> English.

But it is perfectly idiomatic Indian English, which is no less legitimate
than American English, Australian English, South African English and of
course the hundreds of dialects from the mother country, British English.

In Irish and Australian English, we're just as likely to say "I'm wondering
about..." rather than "I have a question".

This is an international forum, and we should make allowances for variant
forms of English and those whose grasp of the Queen's English is not
perfect.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.