learning and experimenting python.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 22:44:10 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:46 PM, eryk sun <eryksun at gmail.com> wrote:
> In modern Windows, cmd and PowerShell change the console title instead
> of the prompt. The title starts with "Administrator: " if the user is
> an administrator (i.e. the BUILTIN\Administrators group is present and
> enabled in the process token).

I'd much rather the prompt change. The title isn't always visible, and
even if it is, it isn't always obvious. When I'm ssh'ing around the
network, changing the title is a small convenience (since that means
the "running programs" list shows who I'm logged in as), but changing
the prompt is critical, because I see that right there as I start
typing. Fortunately, every Unix shell I've ever used lets me have both
- title AND prompt - so there need be no mistake.

(Of course, that still doesn't stop me fat-fingering and bringing
services down on the live system instead of the test...)

ChrisA