Problem running Python 3.5.2 on school network PC

Jed Mack ohiomcbd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:14:42 EST 2016

This problem has been solved.  Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.
Below is a summary I sent to Tim Golden, whose reply led us to the solution
in this case.

Tim,

Thank you for your help  -  your suggestions led us to the problem.  Turns
out that another instance of Python *was* installed, not as part of OEM
software, but by a digital camera (Califone) that is being used in some of
our classrooms.  The suggestion to look for environmental variables was the
key  -  on the PCs where we were having the problem, there was a variable
starting with PYTHON ... which pointed to the camera software.  Once the
camera was uninstalled, Python 3.5.2 worked just fine.

Thanks again!