OT - "Soft" ESC key on the new MacBook Pro

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Thu Dec 15 13:05:13 EST 2016

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:50:30 -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Peter Pearson
><pkpearson at nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>> Train your fingers to use C-[.
>
> As I recall, the location of the Ctrl key was one of the differences
> between Sun and PC101 keyboards. Doesn't matter so much now, as Sun
> has gone the way of the dodo, but it moved around more for me than ESC
> over the years.

Absolutely right.  Random migrations of the Ctrl key annoyed so many
of us set-in-our-ways geezers that Linux distributions always seem to
come with an easily activated option to put the Ctrl key where it
belongs, namely to the left of the A, right where God put it on Adam's
ASR 33.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.