OT - "Soft" ESC key on the new MacBook Pro

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Tue Dec 13 21:40:21 EST 2016

Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com> writes:
> Does the lack of a physical ESC key create problems for people, especially
> Emacs users?

Not a Mac user and I rarely use ESC instead of ALT while editing with
Emacs on a local computer, but when editing remotely I do have to use
ESC because the Gnome terminal emulator steals a few ALTed keys.  Maybe
there is a way to stop that behaviour but it didn't occur to me til just
now.  Hmm.

Meanwhile the concept of a computer with "no escape" just shows Apple
getting deeper into existentialism.  First it was the hipster Mac users
with the Beatnik black berets and turtlenecks, and now this. <wink>